[AT] Sandblasting safety

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 4 17:15:11 PST 2006

Bought a sandblaster a while back. I noticed the instructions say not to use
sand. I am assuming the lawyers are dictating this. Without holding any of
you liable, what type of respirator should I use so I can "safely" use
sandblasting sand? For the record I only plan to blast to clean up tractor
parts, not to do it 40 hours a week to make a living. Maybe for 2-4 hours at
a time on a Saturday.

Also, When it is cool outside, mid 50's or lower, I have a problem with the
hood fogging up on the inside when I wear a particle mask. Would a paint
respirator solve this?

John Hall