[AT] Moldboard plow w/ a PTO?????

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 10:25:36 PST 2006

Danny,

It is for sure a terrace plow. I bought one in fair
shape last year when we were in Iowa. We went to the
Steam Threashers Reunion and seen one hanging in a
building out there and thought dang that it really
neat.

On our way back to the motel we always stop at any
implement/junk yard just to see what they have. So we
bought the one there. Could not believe they had one.

I sent a picture earlier today but it "Is being held
until the list moderator can review it for approval".

Hopefully it will go through so you all can see what
we did.

Jim

--- Danny Tabor <dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>       Every year I leave Beilers auction wishing I
> had
> brought a camera. This year was no exception!
>        Okay here it is....has anybody ever seen a 1
> bottom moldboard plow with a PTO?? I did at Beilers.
> It was a single bottom plow with the moldboard built
> to allow an auger (9in. or so) to be behind it. This
> was NOT Amish engineering! A company called The
> Service Company out of Texas made it.
>      The PTO shaft went to a 3 spd transmission
> which
> sat between the depth handles for the plow. From
> there
> a shaft went back to a gear box like a post hole
> digger. The frame of the plow was built to allow
> this.
> It wasn't a bolt on aftermarket deal. The auger was
> vertical.
>       The concept I believe was the moldboard would
> throw the soil into the auger which would break it
> up.
> Maybe with the intention that you wouldn't have to
> disk after plowing??? I don't know how well it would
> work but I'd think with our soil it would definitely
> take some horsepower to pull it and keep the auger
> turning.
>       I bid high on it because it was such an
> oddity.
> Somebody else bid higher because it was such an
> oddity. Hence, it was an oddity I couldn't afford!
>      Danny Tabor

Jim and Janna Yost
Utica, Ohio
USA