[AJD] Styled G Governor Rebuild (Pictures uploaded)

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Feb 27 16:20:46 PST 2006

Great pics by the way.  I think Duane is on the right track - there is
enough metal here I think you can machine them as well.   Most
machinists/automotive machine shops will do a one off job like this pretty
cheap if you let them do it on their own schedule.  You might what to check
them if you you don;t have a way to grind with some measure of precision
(doesn't have to be perfect but an angle grinder and a vise isn't what you
want.)

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net

On 2/26/2006 at 10:30 PM Duane Larson wrote:

>Bill,
>I believe you would save a bunch of $$ if you could remove the ~0.020"
>from
>the sleeve.  It is hard material and I chose to grind mine rather than try

>to cut it.  I attached a Dremel tool to my lathe crosspiece and ground off

>about 0.001"/pass (but it took several passes to get 0.001 off).  That way

>there is minimal stress on the sleeve.  You don't have to remove all the
>holes, but enough that the forks will slide smoothly.  A better grinding
>tool could be made, for sure, but I didn't have to take that much off.  If

>you try it, you have nothing to lose.  I would also smooth the faces of
>the
>fork that rides on the sleeve.
>Regards,
>Duane Larson