[AJD] Styled G Governor Rebuild (Pictures uploaded)

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 19:30:51 PST 2006

Bill,
I believe you would save a bunch of $$ if you could remove the ~0.020" from
the sleeve.  It is hard material and I chose to grind mine rather than try
to cut it.  I attached a Dremel tool to my lathe crosspiece and ground off
about 0.001"/pass (but it took several passes to get 0.001 off).  That way
there is minimal stress on the sleeve.  You don't have to remove all the
holes, but enough that the forks will slide smoothly.  A better grinding
tool could be made, for sure, but I didn't have to take that much off.  If
you try it, you have nothing to lose.  I would also smooth the faces of the
fork that rides on the sleeve.
Regards,
Duane Larson