[Farmall] BASIC implement questions

ED GREANY crest25 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 19:09:11 PST 2006

I'm new to tractors also. I have a '46 "H" and a double-disc I tow behind. I don't have a 3-point but would love one.
  I just moved into my newly-build home on 3.5 acres in the upper desert of SoCal. I had to clear away brush, grass, etc. leaving only the Joshua Trees which are protected and beautiful too. My "H" worked great. I also have a 25hp Sears garden tractor with 48" plow and gannon. It also does wonders for it's size.

  When I finished clearing the brush, I used the disc and went over it all first in one direction and then again at 90-degrees to the original direction to break up everything real good. Then, this is the great part. I used a 8' section of 8" "I" beam from a construction job and made two wire cables to attach at each end. I tow it behind the tractor after discing for a beautiful perfectly smooth surface that is loose down to about 6".

  I love my tractors - no matter how much rust is on them.

  Ed

"E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett at centurytel.net> wrote:
  A disk plow will turn the ground just as as a molboard plow. As for as
being easier to use, they do pull easier, but I don't know if anything
else would make them easier to use. After plowing you will need to go
over it with a disk Harrow ( in smoe areas just called a disk) to break
the ground up smaller.

--0-1714420951-1141009751=:39265

<DIV>I'm new to tractors also. I have a '46 "H" and a double-disc I tow behind. I don't have a 3-point but would love one.</DIV>  <DIV>I just moved into my newly-build home on 3.5 acres in the upper desert of SoCal. I had to clear away brush, grass, etc. leaving only the Joshua Trees which are protected and beautiful too. My "H" worked great. I also have a 25hp Sears garden tractor with 48" plow and gannon. It also does wonders for it's size.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>When I finished clearing the brush, I used the disc and went over it all first in one direction and then again at 90-degrees to the original direction to break up everything real good. Then, this is the great part. I used a 8' section of 8" "I" beam from a construction job and made two wire cables to attach at each end. I tow it behind the tractor after discing for a beautiful perfectly smooth surface that is loose down to about 6".</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I love my tractors - no matter how much
  rust is
 on them.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Ed<BR><BR><B><I>"E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett at centurytel.net></I></B> wrote:</DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">A disk plow will turn the ground just as as a molboard plow. As for as <BR>being easier to use, they do pull easier, but I don't know if anything <BR>else would make them easier to use. After plowing you will need to go <BR>over it with a disk Harrow ( in smoe areas just called a disk) to break <BR>the ground up smaller.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>