Re [AT] Livestock ID (census)

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Sat Feb 25 17:13:37 PST 2006

    I don't generally consider myself to be a radical, but this scheme
really strikes a nerve with me.  I'm afraid I may end up on the wrong side
of the law if this goes through.
    Has anyone thought about the Amish and other plain sects?  I dare say
they are not going to call Uncle Sam every time they go to town or church
with Dobbin...  I believe they also have some strong beliefs about marking
God's creatures.  Of course, the same beliefs require them to stay out of
politics for the most part.
    Also, has anyone pointed out that several of the original writers and
proponents of this mess are manufacturers of the soon to be required
electronic I.D. devices?  Somebody stands to make a bundle, and it sure
won't be the farmer, just the same monkeys who are on his back now.  Big
Agribidness, and all of their cronies, that's who.
    This is not yet a done deal, and there is still time to point it out for
the rat that it is.  From what I've gathered, there is to be a comment
period sometime in June or July, and we can only hope that the system still
works.  More info at:  http://stopanimalid.org/

Sorry for the rant.
Brett Phillips