[AT] Livestock ID

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Sat Feb 25 11:55:47 PST 2006

The initial proposal included different premise ids for each pature
you had and you would have been required to report each time you
moved an animal to a different pasture. Pets were also included and
for all you poultry producers, would have gottent the opportunity to
individually id everyone of your chickens and turkeys.

That plan was scrapped and I do not believe a revision has yet been
totally formulated although several alternatives have been brought
forth.

My guess is that when everything finally gets into place a lamb taken
to school for "show and tell" will not need to be reported but that as
a county fair manager I will have to report the id's of each head
attending a show. You will probably not have to do it individually.

You probably won't have to file a report on an individual animal
taken to a vet either but the vet may have to file a report weekly or
monthly.

Dan