[AJD] Styled G Governor Rebuild

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Feb 25 06:50:06 PST 2006

Hey Bill,

Do you have a picture of the marks?   Duane is right - it has some meat to
it and can take some grinding.   I'd like to see the problem.    Just take
a quick digital pic, login to the image depot, upload to the incoming
driectory, and then post a mesage to the list saying it is there.

Spencer Yost

On 2/24/2006 at 3:56 PM bill gray wrote:

>Thanks to Duane Larson’s recommendation I purchased Robert’s video on
>overhauling a governor and I am about complete in my repair. The one
>problem I a still have is with the sleeve.  Mine has several deep pits in
>the face where apparently it took too much force to move it since the pits
>match the weight arms.  Duane had suggested grinding the face smooth but I
>am afraid the pits are so deep that I would have to remove near half of
>the material to remove them.
>  I checked and new sleeves are available but Deere is quite proud of them
>($90.00).  I was thinking of trying to build the face up with either weld
>material or some type of epoxy such as JB Weld then grinding it smooth.
>Then I suppose I could leave it as is since the pitting is the only
>problem.
>  Anyone’s thoughts on this problem would be appreciated!
>

>Bill Gray
>Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay Operations
>In Use John Deere 4000 and  430W
>Rework in Progress John Deere 430T, Styled G
>

>---------------------------------
>Yahoo! Mail
>Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.
>--0-1348766098-1140825387=:29660

New
>Roman">Thanks to Duane Larson’s recommendation I purchased Robert’s
video
>on overhauling a governor and I am about complete in my repair. The one
>problem I a still have is with the sleeve.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun:
>yes">  </SPAN>Mine has several deep pits in the face where apparently
>it took too much force to move it since the pits match the weight
>arms.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Duane had suggested
>grinding the face smooth but I am afraid the pits are so deep that I would
>have to remove near half of the material to remove them.<SPAN
>style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN></FONT></div>  <div
>class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New
Roman">I
>checked and new sleeves are available but Deere is quite proud of them
>($90.00).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I was thinking of
>trying to build the face up with either weld material or some type of
>epoxy
> such as
> JB Weld then grinding it smooth. Then I suppose I could leave it as is
>since the pitting is the only problem.</FONT></div>  <div
class=MsoNormal
>style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Anyone’s
thoughts
>on this problem would be appreciated! </FONT></div><BR><BR><DIV>
><DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#60bf00><FONT color=#00bf60><FONT
color=#2d2d2d>Bill
>Gray</FONT> <BR></FONT></FONT><FONT color=#2d2d2d>Tifton 44 Bermuda Hay
>Operations</FONT><FONT color=#3b5738><BR></FONT><FONT color=#00bf60>In
Use
>John Deere 4000 and  430W </FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#00bf60><FONT color=#00bf60>Rework in Progress John
Deere
>430T, Styled G</FONT>  <BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV><p>
>		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Mail<br>
>Bring photos to life! <a
>href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://pho
tomail.mail.yahoo.com">New PhotoMail </a> makes sharing a breeze.