[Ford-ferguson] Ford 9N

Michael Sloane michael.sloane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:51:10 PST 2006

It has been a while since I took mine apart because of a similar
problem, but it seems to me that the problem was in the valve
assembly. I ended up taking everything apart and cleaning it carefully
and opening all the ports. The fit of the plunger in the valve body is
critical, so don't use anything but fine steel wool to clean up any
crud that is on the plunger. If the linkage came off the valve, that
is a sign that the valve is sticking. I suggest you get a copy of the
service manual from either a New Holland dealer or from any of the
various on-line sources (Dennis Carpenter, N-Complete, The N News,
etc.) as the manual walks you through the overhaul of the hydraulic
lift very nicely.

Mike