[Ford-ferguson] Ford 9N

admbil at juno.com admbil at juno.com
Fri Feb 24 07:16:09 PST 2006

Hi all:

I've been on the old engine list for a long time but have just signed up
on this one. My brother has a Ford 9N tractor that he's having trouble
with so I hope someone here has the answer. The lift arms will go up but
not down. He took the side cover off and the linkage was off the control
valve so he put that back on but the arms still wouldn't come down. He
then pulled the lift cover off. As soon as the gasket seal between the
cover and case was broken the arms came down. He pulled the pump and the
valves seem to be working. He cleaned the safety/check valve. He
reassembled everything but still has the same problem. If you look in the
side cover the linkage is moving.We took the lift control lever assembly
out and worked the linkage by hand and it still dosen't work. You can
stand on the lift arms and they won't budge, and neither of us is a
lightweight ! Any info you might have would be appreciated.
Thanks:
Al Bills
Ballston Spa, NY
admbil at juno.com