[Farmall] Need IH Super A parts on the west coast

Stan Bass headlight at erols.com
Fri Feb 24 08:46:25 PST 2006

Ivan,
The change isn't until the x40 series tractors. They redesigned the
front of the block for a totally different water pump that mounts
higher. The lower water opening is still there but just blocked off with
a plate. They went to a single narrow fan belt that drives both the
water pump, fan and the generator. It comes off a new front pully that's
narrower and held on by a nut to the threaded crankshaft. The top water
outlet that attaches to the head was redesigned as well since it no
longer supports the fan hub and the top radiator inlet is at a different
angle (it uses a curved radiator hose).
Stan(VA).