[Steam-engine] Wauseon and Inspections

BETH VANARSDALL 24port at accesstoledo.com
Mon Feb 20 08:45:27 PST 2006

Well stated Curtis.  Just like engine safety, it is everyone's
responsibility to monitor situations.  It is better to be safe than sorry-as
long as we do it in a professional manner.  Unfortunately, those who allow
the kids to run unsupervised are often times uncooperative in correcting the
problem.  At NTA, we have taken possession of equipment not being operated
safely.  It has upset people, but again, I'd rather err on the side of
safety.  Our policy is stated in the annual publication Steam-O-Gram as well
as the Winter Letter.  We do our due diligence, but those who are going to
break the rules, usually do not read them.....

The whole issue will continue to be a work in process across the states as
every show has different dynamics.

Beth