[Steam-engine] Wauseon and Inspections

Ted Knack tksteam at webtv.net
Sun Feb 19 08:58:30 PST 2006

Hi Beth and Paul                                          I didnt find
your posts boring.I think golf carts plus other all terrain vichicals
and scooters can be a problem at steam shows.In this day and age younger
kids are operating them and not only people that are walking around  the
grounds the engine operaters and tractor operaters have to be carefull
of them.I like the Butterfield Mn. steam show policy.I showed there for
30 yaers.There policy was no all train vehicles.scootors,golf cards,
cycles on te show grounds during the show.The only people that had golf
carts was the board of directors.and 2 scooters for the fellows who run
te parade.The show would provide a cart to take handicap people around
the grounds that couldnt walk.I,ve run engines at shows where those
types of vehicles run wild and its just a accident waiting to happen.One
time i asked the board if I could have a golf cart to go from the
campground to the other side of the show  grounds where the steam
engines were.I got a no,and I park my camper close to the engines by one
of the sheds.THe campgrounds at Butterfield are in a grove of trees
which helps in the summer heat.          Ted

Ted Knack, retired, 80 HP CASE STEAM ENGINE owner, concertina player.
http://community.webtv.net/tksteam/TedsSteamandHobby