[AT] New Live-in Companion

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri Feb 17 23:38:03 PST 2006

At 09:35 AM 2/17/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>     Hi All;
>     No, not the 2 legged female type,

Too bad, we could had some fun with that. (-;

>During the past month I have been visited by a pretty 15 month
>old male Australian Shepherd.

Must be a trend here. My daughter got a female Aussie Shepherd puppy for
Christmas . Then went back to college. So dad gets to raise her. (-; Loves
to 'chew' everything at this point. Is starting to learn what I want. Still
thinks a stray shoe is a 'prize'. All in all a REALLY smart dog that I
think will be OK once the "puppy" goes away. We take her out on a lead as
of now but not really needed as she stays close. I suspect as she grows it
will not be needed at all. Not fond of tractors yet, I had a couple running
yesterday and she wanted to go to the house. We will have to work on that.
What gets me are the manners she has at meal time from birth. Pick her bowl
up and she lays down on the floor and waits till you are done and put it
down and tell her it's OK. Then she gets up and eats. Same at us humans
meal time. waits till we are done, even lets the cat eat first, then eats
when told to.

And, she really likes to ride in the truck.  (-:

I haven't had a dog for a few years. Since my 16 YO blonde cocker passed
away. Shop dog, Lived in the trailer years ago but never wanted to sleep a
night in the house we built. Always wanted out to the shop to sleep. Lost
an eye when dad ran over him with the jeep , asleep in front of the wheel,
when he was 10. Went deaf and blind in the other eye before he died. But
knew the shop, never ran into anything unless I moved it. Died asleep
curled up against the coal stove in the shop one winter night.

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at atis.net