[AT] Question

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Sun Feb 12 07:43:21 PST 2006

Hi i have a question on a CAT R2 gas. I have worked [[Not Hard just clean
up]]this unit this summer all appeared good. I moved it home in Oct. to fix
some leaks. Fixed the leaks and installed a generator [to keep 6 volt
battery up]. it has run from time to time moved it on Thursday out side to
get a car out. left it idle was in garage working and looked out smoke
every where. But no fire and running rough. Went out thought it had fouled
a plug or two. It did so coaxed it back in shop 2 cylinders
firing.   Yesterday i pulled the plugs and no 1 was smashed two fouled bad.
Put a magnet down the plug hole and can find no parts but it seams i can
touch the outer skirt of piston and center appears to be not
there??????????? At this time i can't tear it down [[am in the process of
moveing]] If i were to run it with no1 out what are the chances i will do
more damage[ need to run it to get it on trailer to move to new home. what
is the best gussetment. I restored this tractor 5 years ago but only
checked bottom end was told it had been rebuilt engine wise.
Thanks
R Fink
PA