[AT] OT Need Software Suggestions

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 09:44:11 PST 2006

> LOL!  The neighboring county went through that process six or seven
> years ago, H. L.  The old-time residents have done their best to ignore
> their new addresses, the county still hasn't relabeled all the roads,
> and if you're in a pickup/delivery situation and working with an old
> client/customer data base, IT IS A ZOO!
>
> Larry

We went thru that a few years ago, still screwed up.  They "outsourced" the
house numbering.  If you are on an E-W road, the 1000's place is supposed to
be the miles from the west side of the county.  They forgot that some roads
run in all directions eventually.  Our road had a section where the house
numbers DECENDED, so when people saw a higher number, they turned back, even
though the lower number was still ahead.

Our FD has a policy to find a location, they look for a smoking foundation,
then water the grass.

---