[AT] re: Long 560 Tractor

Dsl oldtractor at renc.igs.net
Tue Feb 7 14:53:31 PST 2006

Grant, if you or anyone else need parts for your Long, go here:

http://www.importtractorparts.net

http://www.importtractorparts.net/Long.html

I keep most of the things you mentioned on the shelf.

Thanks,
Danny Bowes,
ITP

Mattias, I did not mention what the Long 560 I got is actually. It is a UTB
tractor with a 50HP 4 cylinder engine and front wheel assist mudder setup.
It is the same as the White 2-60 sold in the late 70's also. UTB is the
Romanian tractor manufacturer. A mudder tractor has four wheels of equal
size with slow gearing to go through fields when harvesting veggies and it
is too wet.... They usually have less power available and last a little less
time, but are great for that purpose and transplanting veggies as well.
    This is one of the lowest powered mudders made and is now nearly thirty
years old. I think the engine will be perfect once I replace the broken
valve covers, broken exhaust manifold and missing alternator. The question
is are there other things wrong. It has 4 good tires (over $1000 of rubber.)
Also, the three point hitch is there and seems to work. The power assist
steering seems semi-functional at least and the final drives sound pretty
good. Beyond that, the front end is a bit rough but probably ok and the
clutch is probably in need of a new disc or discs. The hood is badly
damaged, the instrument cluster is in an uncertain state and the radiator
grille is missing. The seat is junk. If the transmission and four wheel
drive only needs the missing adapter on the driveline, then this tractor
probably will get "restored for use". If not, then it will probably get
parted out.
    The tractor will be about #4 or #5 on the list of tractor priorities
though. The reason is that I already have at least 5 or 6 tractors I plan to
work on this spring - ranging from the Ac model C to the "modern" ~1992 MF
390T four wheel drive. Lots to do!
    Have a great day and about to sign off for the night once I finish the
accounting....
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California