[AT] OT - piano

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Feb 7 12:25:31 PST 2006

When I restored the Fischer/Ampico I tested it thoroughly in my basement
shop until I was convinced everything was working as it should.  Then I was
faced with the prospect of moving it about 8 feet... straight up.  I decided
to turn it over to professional movers to eliminate any risk.  They
proceeded to drop it solidly on one corner of the drawer that contains much
of the controls!  !#$%^%&*  They couldn't see why I couldn't repair and
refinish it in my living room!  I doubt I could survive spraying the many
coats of hand rubbed lacquer under the supervision of the lady of the house.

The damage is still there, unrepaired.

George Willer