[AT] OT - using pitchfork

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 20:10:23 PST 2006

Larry a kid we had a Piano that was bought for my mother when she was a kid
it was an Upright as an expert you will most likely UGH!! Upright. Well that
is  just what an old time piano turner said many years ago when my aunt wanted
it  fixed up for my cousin to learn on. All of us kids learned on that old
piano  even some of my nieces it was actually the only things that saved from a
burning  house that my Grandparents owned.
Well the guy told my aunt I don't  work on uprights Mamn, he then asked "By
the way what brand is it."  aunt  said :Its a Ludwig"  He was down from Auburn
in 15 minutes. Normally  a   20 to 30 minute drive.
My Gt. aunt who taught piano and owned  a very expensive grand piano always
said I wish my piano sounded as good as this  one.
I was always very proud to play on it I wish I still had it I loaned it  to
my sister about 30 years ago and have never seen it again.
Boy what you learn on this Ol' tractor list.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460