[AT] USB

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Feb 6 11:28:39 PST 2006

5 year old Dimension 8200. It has dual USB controllers, Both are USB1.1
Intel - 82801B/BAM chips. It has a internal hub which gives it the front
pair of ports and the rear pair of ports. The new card has dual NEC
controllers on it. I have added the same card model into machines from
Dell, Compaq and an IBM that the owners wanted to upgrade, no problems
with any of them. Laptop wise I use a USB 2.0 in the Inspirion 8100 I
have and it works fine, also works good in the IBM ThinkPad and a Sony
Vaio I have here. (That Sony is a nice machine BUT service is a total
JOKE, Glad I don't own it)

I have three IBM Thinkcentre 8183s here, You want ports this has'em. 2
front 4 rear 2.0 USB, Printer, 2 - 232 serial, monitor, audio
in/out(F/R), PS2 for mouse and keyboard, Firewire, Video OUT. Running XP
pro with 1 gig onboard ram, but only a 2 gig Celery chip (may toss a P4
in it if I can find one reasonable)

Steve Williams