[AT] usb speeds

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 6 10:53:07 PST 2006

>From: "Larry D. Goss" <rlgoss at evansville.net>
>For you to actually experience the difference between USB 1.0 and USB
>2.0, you would have to do some accurate timing on the lag between
>sending a file to your printer and the actual beginning of printing, or
>on the actual amount of time it takes to scan a high resolution image
>(1200 dpi or higher) using the two different controllers.  My guess is
>that under normal circumstances, you're not going to notice any
>difference.

I've found that a good way to gauge speed difference between usb 1/1.1 and
usb 2 is to use a flash drive / thumbdrive or other media card, and transfer
large files.  I shuttle files to and from home on a usb 2.0 thumbdrive.
Transfering a 32mb file on the usb 1.1 computer in my wifes room vs my
laptop or desktop with 2.0 is a noticeable difference.

Soundguy