[AT] Rivet how-to

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun Feb 5 07:57:52 PST 2006

    I will add my comments to Cecil's suggestion. First find the
center of the rivet and drill INTO the rivet from from the
swaged end. Do not drill all the way through. Leave the head
portion undrilled and use a straight shank, blunt punch just a
little smaller than the hole and drive it out with an adequately
sized hammer. This will actually stretch the rivet and reduce
the size so will come out easier. You are actually pulling the
rivet out as opposed to pushing on it, which will actually
enlarge the rivet and make it that much harder to remove.

    Gene, from snowy, blowy Ohio