[AT] Rivet how-to

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Feb 4 14:07:35 PST 2006

I don't want to trundle a compressor or a hydraulic press to the shows,
Walt.  So I'll continue using hand tools for the process so I can do
sickle knife restoration on the spot.

BTW, be cautious about the extra length USB cables.  There's so much
communication going back and forth in a USB system that data lag can get
to be a problem when the distance gets too great.  I'll have to dig the
standard out to check for sure, but if I remember right the USB 2.0 (the
better one of the two) is only warranted for 4.5 meters.  Some of the
special connections in the standard have a maximum transmission distance
of around 20 inches.  If you want some bedtime reading, download the
standard and print it out.  It's only around 900 pages.  You'll find the
extra length gets critical when you're both uploading and downloading to
that All-in-one.  When push comes to shove, you may be happier by
establishing a Wi-Fi network at home and hooking up a Wi-Fi printer node
to your system.  Then you don't have to worry about cable length.

Larry