[AT] RE: Offer to help

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Feb 2 20:03:57 PST 2006

On 2/2/2006 at 2:59 PM Louis wrote:
>Spencer,
>
>Is there anything that I can do to help you with ATIS?  I am not that
>literate about internet stuff, but if there is grunt work that I can help
>with from my end here, I will try to help you.

I would like to see folks add shows to the show directory.    I would love
everyone to chip in on this and it isn't too hard.

Simply register at www.antique-tractor.com.  The link to create an account
is on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
Click on the show calender after logging in.   Use the "plus" sign to
expand the block if need be.
To add an event, simply click on the date, and then the events for that
date display.
Along the top of that display are several small link blocks, one of them is
an "add" link.  Click on that.
Add your favorite antique tractor show.

Just a few words of advice:
---When you are finished, go to the very bottom and click "Go", which is
found next to "Preview".   This previews your listing along the top and
gives you a chance to change it right below it.   Keep editing and
previewing until you are satisfied.  When satisfied, change the "Preview"
to Submit" then choose "go" again and viola' - its saved!
--- ALSO: CHOOSE "GLOBAL" under sharing or it will only show up for you
when you log in and for no one else.  As you might have guessed from this
warning, the entries you create are your own.
--- Whenever it asks you if you would like to edit in "visual mode" say
yes. - its easy to modify your text and how it appears this way.

If everyone added just three of their favorite shows we would have a
hundred shows listed almost immediately, so lets go!   It will only take a
few minutes.

PS:   Using the list to discuss how the ATIS software worts has always been
on-topic, so feel free to ask questions on the list.   I can promise some
of the computer types on the list will figure this out quick and be able to
dispense advise almost immediately if you get stuck

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net