[AJD] Delay in messages

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Thu Feb 2 04:14:07 PST 2006

I am mostly a lurker here who benefits greatly from the collected knowledge
of others who post. Reading about the various observations regarding the
delays in receiving messages, I am convinced that it is due to the "delivery
system" and completely out of the control Spencer or the members who post.
But a 12 hour delay, if it occurs, has what implications?  None for me! How
much does the service cost me? Nothing! How much does the delay cost me?
Nothing! I served as a part-time volunteer in a non-profit organization for
about 50 years in a capacity for which a license is required- a license that
requires both education and experience and a difficult examination to
acquire. It requires cointinuning education, at my own expense, to retain.
People soon began to view my services as an entitlement. How many times were
the times angry people shook their finger in my face!!! For those reasons, I
do not now volunteer, but still have my credentials and use them only for
profit!! Spencer, I appreciate the forum and am completely satisfied with
it.