[Farmall] Tractors Too far gone?

Jay and Diane Liedman genscan at tds.net
Fri Dec 29 06:27:01 PST 2006

I think it depends on what your goal is.  If the idea is to fix the
tractor up and sell it for a profit, then when the tractor is "too far
gone" is simply a mathematical equation.  Will the cost of parts and
labor be less than the probable resale value?  My own approach is
different in that, although I am for the most part known to be unusually
tight with money,  the reason I get an old tractor to fix on is mainly
for the satisfaction of bringing it back from being scrap iron to
operational condition.  Alas, I have more than once spent more money
fixing than the final product will likely sell for; but am still happy
with the project.
JL in MN