[AT] OT Chevy Astro

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Dec 28 21:13:20 PST 2006

msm10301 at juno.com wrote:
> Maybe thats why they stopped ;-)
>
> -- "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net> wrote:
>

> Makes NO sense to
> me since it was a GREAT selling vehicle that was loved by repair
> shops...

Nope, GM screwed up again.

 From what I have read and heard the reason they gave was that it would
have cost them too much to retool the body to sit on the Colorado frame.
VERY stupid to eliminate the only mid sized van on the market. The guys
I know are now buying the final years units and storing them. I have
been looking for an AWD version myself because I would refit it with the
selective system from an S Blazer. I know a couple garages that HATED
working on them because they are a tight fit around the engine, but they
are not really any worse than the rest of the vans out there.
They are roomy, rated for 1/2 ton (but will carry a LOT more) can tow
pretty well and are not a handful in tight quarters like the
Dodge/Freightliner Sprinters are. Plus they will fit in a garage, and
more importantly the McDonald's drive through......

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York