[AT] OT Chevy Astro

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Dec 28 13:55:03 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

We've been talking about replacing the Aerostar (it needs more work than I
seem to have time for). Now we've been leaning our eyes at the Chevrolet
Astro, it's much more common here(though not really common) and absolutely
more common with 4WD/AWD and that would be nice. So we're looking at the
extended version from say 1995-2001 (newer are a bit to pricey), but we
really don't know anything about them. So question is what to look for.
Upsides, downsides  what are the weak points etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Mattias

	I can't speak for long term but after driving the 1999 Astro for a couple
of months now I like it as well as any car we have owned. It is the extended
one but is only 2 wheel drive. My neighbor had one for some time and he
liked it well. He traded it for a truck in order to have a truck for
hauling. Another neighbor has had one for quite a long time and pulled a
fair sized upright travel trailer back and forth to Florida each year. He
has died now but his wife still drives it.
	Mine has the 3 door rear and I like that.

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net