[Farmall] Welding cast iron

bsdunek at charter.net bsdunek at charter.net
Thu Dec 28 05:26:52 PST 2006

Actually, cast iron is not bad stuff.  There are several types of cast iron, and of course, the right one must be selected for the application.  Of course, the design must be correct for the material also.
Ever notice that most of the old tractor parts were cast iron of some sort, and are still good today?
It is true that welding should be done by someone that knows what their doing - if not it just breaks again, and the part will be worse than before.
Bruce