[Farmall] Teenage wreck: was Welding cast iron

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Dec 27 14:52:08 PST 2006

Hi John and Steve... yep, it was me.  Just being a reckless kid, driving in
road gear around the little oval driveway that ringed the farmhouse, and
misjudged a turn.  Ended up on a steep bank in some trees.  Twisted the
front end of the tractor all up and wrenched it off the tractor, which
brought forward motion to a halt just in the nick of time.  By then I'd
fallen forward and down off the left side of the tractor, and had somehow
managed to grab onto the clutch pedal and hang on from the front side, with
that left rear wheel churning away right next to me.  All of a sudden it was
over, and I got up and most un-deservedly walked off without a scratch.

Now that my own son is 14, that kind of memory scares the crap out of me.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net