[AT] DOT Question--officer statement

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Wed Dec 27 06:27:44 PST 2006

...If the trooper knows the law.  When I was in college, home on spring
break several years ago, probably '94 or '95, I was having lunch w/ my
grandmother before going back to the field.  (I spent my spring breaks
farming, not on the beach and I liked it that way!)  The local TV news
was doing a story about how there would be more farm machinery moving on
the highway and what to do.  They interviewed a NC State Trooper and he
said that a wide piece of equipment had to stay on their side of the
road, not across the yellow line!  I nearly fell out of my chair!!!
Goes back to my earlier comment.....ask three officers the same
question, get three different answers.  Unless you're talking about
speeding or DWI....

Al