[AT] DOT Question

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Dec 26 17:27:49 PST 2006

	So far I have found most cops to be pretty reasonable including DOT. Of
course there are always a few that are a 4-wheeled ego trip but not that
many.
	Some years ago I was pulled over by a lady DOT officer while on US-41 over
on Indiana's south west coast that was so pretty that she was almost hard to
talk to.   ;-)   She was just wanting to know why the ton dually PU didn't
have a plate. I explained that it was plated as a semi apportioned out of
Iowa and that I had left the trailer at the test plot site. I showed her the
paper work and said the truck plate was on the front as we were instructed
to mount it. She went up front to look and oops... I did not know that the
guy I was working with had mounted the "oversized load" sign right over the
top of it.   ;-)   She was quite good-natured about it and after she
determined that it was in fact there she let me go on without even asking me
to move the sign.
	Another time on Indiana's south east coast a lady DOT officer noticed that
the company had allowed our plate to expire. She wrote me a ticket that I
paid out of pocket to keep the rig out of impound. She then told me that she
was required to tell me that I must proceed to the next exit and park the
rig and call for someone to come and get me. She then spoke very quietly and
said that she had to tell me that but that she definitely would not radio
ahead and let anyone know I was going that way. She said that if I got
stopped on down the road that I would get another ticket but whether I
parked or drove on home was really up to me...   I made tracks for home...
;-)   The Iowa office paid me back for the ticket.

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net