[AT] Cockshutt 35?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 22 11:17:12 PST 2006

Larry & Barb Dotson wrote:
> Ralph,
> The Cockshutt 35 was produced using the newer frame of the model 40 /50
> with the New Hercules engine. The previously used Buda was no longer
> available as Allis Chalmers had purchased Buda for their own supply of
> engines. The Hercules was found to have even better power and was tested
> by some company other than U.of Nebraska. They had over 42 PTO HP which
> put it at the top of the 3 plow tractors. I believe they were all the
> low profile
> style with 28 in. tires. The worked good for the Backhoe application.

Hi Larry
I'd agree with you on everything except the low profile tire size. The
only 35s that I have seen were all similar dimensions to the 30 and 40
that I am familiar with. My 40 has 13x38s and I believe most 30s were
11x38. Tall skinny tires that were good for going through deep snow but
not the greatest for traction in the field.
The 35 that I saw at an auction sale many years ago I would say had 38
inch rear rubber.

Ralph in Sask.