[AT] ford 800 vs 600 steering arm / bellhousing clearance

Louis Spiegelberg louis at kellnet.com
Thu Dec 21 09:32:33 PST 2006

Chris,

According to my Ford shop manual, which is Ford and not IT.  Your tractor
should have 40 - 45 psi @ 1400 RPM, not less than 8 to 10 psi @ idle (475
rpm).  These pressures are with the engine warmed up.  The manual show you
should use 10W or 20W oil in the winter, and 20 or 30 oil in the summer.

These pressures are for any 600-700-800-900, 601-701-801-901-1801 series
tractors.

Pressure is important, to much can force bearings out of place.  Volume is
just as important as pressure, maybe more so. Remember as technology
advances, bearing tolerances have tightened up, so on newer engines, you
need higher pressure to force the oil where it has to go. Hence, 5W-30 and
0W-30 engine oil.

Lou