[AT] Gone Shopping ??

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Dec 9 12:31:36 PST 2006

John I  have to agree with you.   I had a great neighbor for years and was
not happy to see them move away but the one thing I don't miss is there wood
furnace.  It was ok in cold weather but in the fall and spring when it was
just barely needed that thing smoldered and cooked creosote something
terrible.  He had a fairly high stack.  Just high enough for the fumes to
drift over and settle in my house.
It was particularly bad when he decided to throw a few plastic bottles,
fiberglass, etc. in with the wood.

It worked great for him.  His dad was retired and enjoyed cutting and
splitting fire wood.  All my neighbor had to do was load, haul, unload and
stack the wood.  Then fill the fire box full every morning so it could
smolder all day long.

I saw a home made furnace in some farm paper that would burn round bales of
hay.  It was made from an old oil tank and would hold 2 or 3 round bales at
a time.

Charlie