[Farmall] Down hill foul

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 10:09:20 PST 2006

Pretty good advice so far.  I think that you are on
the right track with the hotter plug idea.  It sounds
like you have an extended periond of no load as a
result the cylinder temps will be low and the plugs
might foul.  Does the tractor smoke under normal
conditions?  Do you ever work it hard?  If it smokes
you might have the fuel mixture a little rich and that
can cause carbon fouling.  If it is not smoking try a
little hotter plug.  Gordon Rice told me that modern
gasoline requires a hotter plug when he sold me the
plugs for my F-20.  I am running W-20 plugs and I
think that W-14 is thw OEM plug.  The F-20 works hard
sometimes and puts around sometimes and never fouls a
plug.
--- Frank DeWitt <Frank at lbpinc.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a 200 that always runs great,  EXCEPT  (You
> knew that was
> coming)  when I drive it to the parade
>
> The route from my house to the parade is about 2
> miles.  The first
> 1/3 mile is down hill and two years running now it
> has fouled a plug
> on the down hill run.
> I run it in gear to control the speed.  I have no
> way to trailer
> it.  Short of shutting off the gas and going down
> hill in gear with
> the engine spinning but not firing (That would be
> trickery) what can
> I do?  Hotter plugs? colder plugs?  other?
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank DeWitt

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN