[Farmall] Down hill foul

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Fri Dec 8 12:21:19 PST 2006

Backing down the hills is OK with me,
but Frank is the man who has to buy the plan.
I doubt he will.

I would ask Frank if the plugs appear oil fouled or gas fouled when he
takes them out?  That might be a clue toward a cure.
Charlie.

Lots of input.  Thanks.  I haven't been able to look at the plugs
because by the time I get to Ionia it has "Fixed it self"  but not
until I climb a long hill in first or second gear because I am
running on 3 or 2.

I think from what you all are saying I have at least one low
compression cylinder.  I did see some vapor out the breather on the
way home after a long gentle up hill in top gear wide open.  That is
the hardest the tractor has ever worked.

I plow snow with it and drag stuff around, but no hard work.

It looks like if I get to it I should check compression and then if
needed put some rings in it.  If not I should put in hot plugs at
least for the drive to and from the show.

Thanks again

Frank DeWitt

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web   http://www.lbpinc.com