[AT] Very OT - Ralph, what's going on in Sask??

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 2 10:16:44 PST 2006

Mattias Kessén wrote:
> Yesterday I read in one of the local morningpapers that people in
> Sasketchwan were disappointed with the local government's maintenance of
> the
> roads. Seems like a quite usual problem all around the globe but what made
> this so special was people's protest. In protest people were undressing on
> the roads and then taking photos of it and if this weren't enough they were
> to use the photos for a calendar????
>
> Mattias
Hi Mattias, imagine that story making all the way to your part of the
world. Yes, I heard some of the interview on local radio and I think you
have it right. They are doing this calendar as a fund raiser and
hopefully to draw some attention from the govt. and general public as to
the terrible state of their highway. That area is quite a ways west of
me and I have not seen the highways in question so can't comment. We
have pretty decent roads in my area so I can't complain and don't plan
on showing up on any calendars myself. (Maybe my antique tractors but
not me):-)
This nude calendar deal has become pretty popular lately as I have read
of several such calendars in the works as a fund raiser. I think it all
started across the ocean in the U.K. a few years back. Anybody see the
movie "Calendar Girls"? Based on a true story I hear.
Anyway, I doubt anybody would be posing outside today. Its about -6F but
at least the sun is shining. Heres my yard at noon today.
  http://hotimg1.fotki.com/a/142_165/25_159/BlazerDec_2.jpg

Ralph in Sask.