[AT] O.T.--shootin' skunks (357 vrs 38)

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 22:10:01 PDT 2006

In a message dated 8/28/2006 9:16:22 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
rlgoss at evansville.net writes:
Under the right  conditions, a sky-diver could catch a bullet in his
teeth and not damage his  dentures.

Lets  see the bullet is falling at 200 MPH and the skydiver is falling at
about 100  MPH, I'm not so sure I would like to catch that bullet in my mouth.

Also  I was about 1.5 miles away from where they were shooting over my house
and you  could hear the sonic boom from them.  I have a 17/223 Pistol that has
a MV  of 4000 FPS. Just how fast would that one slow below the speed of
sound. And how  far would have traveled at that speed in a few seconds.

Walt

PS  I'm not OLD I'm only 68.