[AT] 6V vs. 12V ignition question

Rick Weaver Rick_Weaver at hilton.com
Fri Aug 25 07:27:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem, and I haven't been able to diagnose it just yet, but
wanted to ask a question.

I have a 6V Ferguson TO-35 that is giving me fits.  I replaced the
condenser last week and it fired right up.  Now it doesn't even cough
and try to start.

As I said, I haven't diagnosed anything (not even to see if the coil is
sparking).  And I'm at work now so cannot go tinker.

The question is: is there a difference between the condenser for a 12V
system and one for a 6V system?

The TO-35's went through a 6-12 V modification halfway through MHF's
production, and I wonder if NAPA's crossref doesn't take this into
account.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Rick