[AT] f-farmalls

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 18:41:18 PDT 2006

That sounds a lot like our old Regular, Steve.  Three speeds ahead and steel
wheels with spades.  They sure gave you a treatment on hard ground.  We had
an area of Marrow ground along the edge of one field.  If it was a little
wet during spring plowing, one turn of that steel wheel and the drawbar was
in the ground.  Those spades were a great excavator.  More than once we had
to jack the tractor with building jacks sitting on planks, then put railroad
ties under the rear wheels to climb out on.  When it was out, we would snake
the plow out with a chain.  Those were the days...............Little Genius
plow with two 14's by the way.  I think that plow was sold new with the
Regular.  The next field to that one had a lot of stones along one side.
Seems that plow would hit a stone about every 30 feet, and trip and unhook.
I used to ride on the drawbar when my older brother plowed, just to reset
the plow hitch and hook it back into the clevis.  Ah yes!  Those were the
days.