[AJD] 1945 A project update..tractor runs now

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 20:28:34 PDT 2006

 My 1945 A that I have had for a few years now
started for the first time today.

   I can't seem to find my fotoki album link or I
would repost it.   It's really ugly (still)  but now
has a .045 oversized block (bought it on Ebay,  was
really suspicious that it would not be good,  but it
holds water thus far)  NOS .045 pistons with new rings
and pins.  A rebuilt DLTX-53 carb from Restoration
Supply (another Ebay purchase)  The head had a large
piece missing so replacement head with all the machine
work to come with it.   I also added a 12 volt Wico XB
distributor (for now I will switch to a 6 when things
are all squared away)  It was also missing the PTO
shaft so I have been in the rear end as well fixing
things..  The oil slinger was no good on the flywheel
so that came off..  Lots of work done and much more.

    The good news is it ran pretty well.  The govenor
needs a going through..  Tomorrow it's off to the tire
store!!

         Chris

Chris Carl
Camano Island, Washington