[AT] GM Flex Fuel vehicles

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 10:58:43 PDT 2006

When we rebuilt 25 Chevy Love pickups back in  the early 80's to run on E 85
we had to take the carbs off have then  nickel plated then bored out all the
jet to almost twice the size. change the  fuel tank from 10 Gallons to 40 and
put in a different fuel pump that could take  the corrosive action of the
fuel.
Its not a simple change over and these  engines ran terrible on the stuff. 5
to 6 MPG because of the lower compression  ratios.
I understand that the newer mods will get better fuel mileage but if  you
have to run 15 percent gasoline then what are you saving. The Feds require  the
15 percent gasoline for safety purposes.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460