[AJD] 70 J D Riding Mower

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Sat Aug 12 14:30:49 PDT 2006

At one time we had quite a few 70 lawn tractors in our area. Good little machines
except when the engine blew up. An exact replacement short block was not made so had
to update the engine.
Stock rings and even the rod are available still so if the engine needs tuned up that
shouldn't be too bad
The original engine # was AM32410 which is listed as N/A but Deere says to contact a
Tecumseh dealer for #807763. The engine was a Tecumseh VH70 7 horsepower, hence the 70
model designation.

The parts catalog # is PC1187

The other restriction we ran into later on was that the mower decks were not bagger
capable as were later series of lawn tractors so that became an issue also.

They, along with the smaller 60 lawn tractor, have become semi-collectible so that's
another factor to consider

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Sat Aug 12 15:01 , 'Bill Thompson' <spudthompson at agiftofmaine.com> sent: