[AJD] 1952 B Questions

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Fri Aug 11 21:44:11 PDT 2006

Chris
Years ago, one of our customers was working on an unstyled B. We sold a carb kit. Still had
problems. Sold him more parts and later still more parts, still not running right. He had told
me it had the stock carb on it.
Later that year I had the chance to see this tractor at a local pull at our fair. Well I found
our problem immediately. His 1935 B had a brass DLTX3 model D carb on it. It did the same
thing, ran after a fashion but ran super rich. Too much carb for the B.

Late in the two cylinder's life, Deere adopted three carbs for service. If you wanted a carb
for a model A,D,or G you got one carb. If you needed one for a B or an H you got another.
Finally there was one dual throat carb for all late two cylinder applications. I always took
my cue from this and figured Deere knew what they were doing. We have had several model H's
through here with B carbs on them although they could have been the later replacement carb.

We'll see what everyone else thinks but I think it's likely too large for the B

Other than that, what a surprise!

Just for laughs, I'll take a run through our tires as I know we used to have some Traction
Torques here but they are probably a different size.

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Aug 11 17:46 , Chris C <jdnutinwa at yahoo.com> sent: