[AT] Electrical Problems..Update

JAHaze at aol.com JAHaze at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 18:38:37 PDT 2006

Since the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees and it stopped
raining, I thought I'd take another stab at getting the 430 to run.  After taking
the distributor apart and cleaning everything it still wouldn't get any spark.
After a little more wiggling, I found one of the wires on the key switch was
loose, as soon as I tightened it up, the tractor fired right up.  I knew it had
to be something simple, I just didn't think it would THAT simple.  Oh well,
being true to my Dutch heritage I replaced the new points, condensor and coil
with the old ones and put the new one's on the shelf for another day ( I
thought about brining them back, but I'd just be buying them again eventually
anyway).  I guess it was time to clean all the connections and electrical parts
anyway.  Thanks again for all of your help.

Enjoy, Joe

-------------------------------1154655517

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Since the temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees and it stopped=20=
raining, I thought I'd take another stab at getting the 430 to run.  Af=
ter taking the distributor apart and cleaning everything it still wouldn't g=
et any spark.  After a little more wiggling, I found one of the wires o=
n the key switch was loose, as soon as I tightened it up, the tractor fired=20=
right up.  I knew it had to be something simple, I just didn't think it=
 would THAT simple.  Oh well, being true to my Dutch heritage I replace=
d the new points, condensor and coil with the old ones and put the new one's=
 on the shelf for another day ( I thought about brining them back, but I'd j=
ust be buying them again eventually anyway).  I guess it was time to cl=
ean all the connections and electrical parts anyway.  Thanks again for=20=
all of your help.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Enjoy, Joe</DIV></BODY></HTML>