[AT] JD 60 manifold gasket

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Apr 30 04:46:43 PDT 2006

On 29 Apr 2006 at 23:22, DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:

> Farmer,   In case you don't understand here is the simple facts  for you.
> Exhaust manifolds get very, very hot,hot enough to melt some  metals I have seen
> them red hot that will melt lots of metals. Exhaust gaskets  are made to
> withstand these very hot temperatures that why you don't use gasket  sealers and
> such on them as they get hot and burn off leaving the system  unprotected. If
> you thinks that's nonsense then be my guest and use them all you  want.
>

> Walt  Davies
> Cooper Hollow Farm
> Monmouth, OR 97361
> 503 623-0460

	I understand more than you have ever dreamed of Walt
including who on this list to ignore 95% of the time... I just get
 tired of guys like you that make iron clad blanket statements
when you don't really have a clue about current reality. Those
 of us that know better don't really matter but a lot of guys without
 long experience believe that empty tripe and then eventually
repeat it as the truth. Just because you did things a certain way
back in the navy or boyscouts or whatever does not mean
 that is the only correct way. If you had failures it was due to
 something else other than using a sealer on a new gasket.
Is a sealer needed? Not really, but to cause a failure? Give me
 a break...
	I am always amazed by how many silly myths so many "mechanics"
pass along... They had to have heard most of them somewhere...
There is not enough time to make up that many...

	I have to go out now and  put a wooden clothes pin on each of my gas
 lines and make sure I don't have any engines with Kendall oil in them because
 it will wear out the cam lobes (nothing else just the cam lobes). I have heard
 both of those repeated by "mechanics". I have also heard from "mechanics"
 that using chassis grease on my battery terminals will "ruin" the connection.
Funny thing is Exide recommends it right now and if I recall correctly they
 have made a few batteries. Such dribble...

	By the way Walt, we all make errors but if you are so concerned with
grammar how come so many of your messages are such sloppy grammar
 disasters? You live in a glass house.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/