[AT] rain; now Grain Drill

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 24 15:30:15 PDT 2006

Herb,
I've been using Century spring lately---they have  a lot of stock springs
but nothing to fit my application. I checked on getting some customs made
but the price is about half what a factory conversion to dual springs would
be. So I opted to replace teh old ones with new ones and increase the amount
of tension. I'll shorten my maximum travel by 1 inch but if I push the
opener up that much, something else is probably already broken.

Back when we could afford to full till farm none of this was a problem. Just
a minor drawback to no-till, I still prefer it over tillage though.

John