[AT] OT for those interested in aviation

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Mon Apr 10 07:22:31 PDT 2006

Danny,
         I think those road maps are just a little off to mess me up in
places like Minneapolis and Tulsa, etc.
         I have not logged into that internet site, and probably won't.  It
is really of no interest to someone like me that is involved in aviation at
a lower level.  But, those are IFR flights only, so there are quite a few
more airplanes than that up there.  Probably double.  There would be quite
a lag between actual and seeing a dot on your computer screen, especially
something going in excess of 200 mph.  That info you see is being
transmitted several times through several agencies.  There are much better
tracking services available for pay.  Has been for years.  Osama probably
has better stuff anyway, compliments of the US.  Remember we were
supporting him not so many years ago.  Seems they needed help to run the
Ruskies out of Afganistan.
         It is good to worry.  Just don't lose a bunch of sleep.  Oh, and
be sure to fly between the dots.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA