was Re: [AT] WHERE IS EVERYONE now Hurricane Ophelia

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Sep 11 13:13:48 PDT 2005

The computer models I'm looking at on weather underground put it at cape
lookout on Wed. morning.  Who knows.   Doesn't look like it will be a bad
one but the wind has been blowing about 25 to 30 out of the NE all day
today.  That backs the water up into the sounds and rivers such that we
already have about 3 feet or so of extra tide before the storm surge even
gets here.

I was in Charleston a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see that they
have replaced the old high Hwy 17 bridges with a new lower 8 lane job.

Charlie